|Bright Star at Sunset|
Photo by Eric ziegler
- Relax. Lower defenses. Be your curious self.
- Embrace silence. Don’t feel pressure to fill the silence. Wait a bit longer than feels comfortable. Allow coachees to fill the silence.
- Develop next steps. Always identify next steps in behavioral terms. •What will you do? • How will you know you’re taking a next step? • How will colleagues know?
- Fixing and helping. Control your inner fixer. Successful coaches give responsibility and ownership. They don’t take it.
- Asking two questions at once (I do this one all the time, note to self, stop doing that)